Coming June 1, 2020 - Food Service Plan
Small Changes for Better Benefits
As your national health fund, it’s our job to make sure you get the best care at the best price. That’s why we’re switching to Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of NJ and to Delta Dental.
- Moving to Horizon BCBS saves your health fund more than $2 million in fees per year—money that goes back into your health benefits.
- Moving to Delta Dental gives you better benefits at no extra cost.
What does the Horizon BCBS change mean to me?
This applies to you if you have BCBS PPO medical benefits through the Fund.
- You’ll get a new medical ID card and a new prescription ID card in the mail.
- You’ll still have the same BCBS network so you can keep your doctors (NJ Residents: you may have to switch doctors since you’ll be part of the Horizon BCBS Direct Access network; we’ll send you a letter if you need to find a new doctor).
- We’re making a few improvements to your medical benefits.
What does the Delta Dental change mean to me?
This applies to you if you have dental benefits through the Fund.
- You’ll get a new dental ID card in the mail.
- You’ll have more dentists to choose from.
- We’ll send you a letter if you need to find a new dentist.
- You’ll pay less for some dental services.
Find your area in the table below and click the links for more information about these changes. Information is being mailed to your homes. Make sure we have your current address and cell phone number. Call Member Services at 833-637-3519 if you need to update your contact information.
The Food Service Plan offers many choices. Your contract (collective bargaining agreement, or CBA) determines the benefits you’re eligible to enroll for.